Usage Transparency Service (API)¶
Usage Transparency Service offers a UI giving insight on your resource consumption on the MindSphere platform. For Developers it also offers an API to track a metric defined by the developers. This metric can also be retrieved via an API of UTS. The Usage Transparency Service (UTS) gathers various consumption metrics on the MindSphere platform to fulfil requirements regarding:
- API resource consumption by available tenants.
- Apps consumption by available tenants.
- User details for a particular period.
- History details of subtenants.
- Number of device requests by tenants.
The one who has all the administrative privileges. The privileges include viewing and listing data of all the tenants, subtenants and the users.
Client to an organization. For example: ABC is a tenant to Siemens, where Siemens is an organization and ABC is the client/ tenant.
- SubTenant/ T2 tenants
Client to a tenant. For example: PQR is a client to ABC, where ABC is the tenant and PQR is the subtenant.
All the email account holders belonging to the subtenants and tenants.
- Details of all transactions.
- Data consumed in the transactions.
- Endpoints information which are used by consumers to fetch data from MindSphere.
- The relative data of all the API calls passing through MindGate.
- The relative API details including the dependent API details.
- Consolidated data consumed by applications.
- Lists apps used by users.
- The total number of subtenants.
- Total number of users.
- Inbound data size (request size).
- Devices registered with the tenants.
Example scenario 1:¶
The manager of a Windmill Production Plant wants to analyse the wind speed for energy production. The windfarm has several turbines. A thermocouple is connected to the turbines. The frequency usage of this device and the number of users accessing the device are to be monitored. The device will push the data for the display using the southbound endpoints. A notification service email is required to be sent to the maintenance team for regular checking of the turbines. API calls are made to the applications to monitor the temperature of the turbines. This helps in maintaining and stabilizing the turbines to be intact.
Example scenario 2¶
The supervisor of a Train Management System wants to display up-to-date train schedules in the station digital display. The data in the display automation system gets updated every 5 seconds to capture the real time data. A processing device (asset) is connected to the display automation device. The frequency usage of this device is at an interval of every 5 seconds. The device will push the data for the display using the southbound endpoints. Also, a notification service email is required to be sent to the maintenance team for regular checking of the display automation system. An API call is made to "NoSe" to trigger the emails to the rightful recipients.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.