KPI Calculation Service¶
The KPI Calculation Service computes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for an asset. It uses data sources such as sensors, control units and calendars.
Typical use cases for the KPI Calculation Service are:
- Evaluation of characteristics, such as reliability, availability, and maintainability
- Condition-based maintenance
- Diagnostics applications and root-cause analysis
- Risk assessment
For accessing this service you need to have the respective roles listed in Analytics Services roles and scopes.
The KPI Calculation Service offers a set of computational procedures based on ISO 3977-9:1999. It works for both offline batch analysis and the online analysis of new data. The KPI Calculation Service calculates KPIs within a period of interest. Its output consists of a set of State KPIs and Performance KPIs, which are documented in the KPI Definitions.
KPI State Calculation¶
The KPI Calculation Service provides functionality to automatically determine States of a unit from given sensor, calendar and control unit data. This helps with preparing input data for the KPI Calculation.
KPI Calculation Service can be used in two modes:
This mode is intended to be used for small data sets. All the required configuration and data is provided in the request. The API calls are carried out synchronously and results will be available immediately in the response.
Direct Interactive Mode¶
This mode is intended to be used when the user does not want to pass IoT Time Series data in the request body. In direct interactive mode, the KPI Calculation Service can communicate with IoT Time Series to fetch the IoT Time Series data. The user should provide the asset details and time range to the KPI Calculation Service API instead of passing the IoT Time Series data in the request body. The API calls are carried out synchronously and results are available immediately in the response.
The KPI calculation Service exposes its API for realizing the following tasks:
- Calculate a set of KPIs within a time period
- Determine all KPI states within a time period
- Ability to communicate with IoT Time Series to obtain IoT data for the given asset details and time range
- In Interactive mode, the service can process a maximum of 20000 time series records.
- In Direct Interactive mode, the service can process a maximum of 20000 time series records containing a maximum of 3 variables obtained from IoT Time Series service.
The manager of a brewery wants to calculate KPIs for parts of the production line.
The manager collects time series data of a relevant sensor of the production line using the IoT Time Series Service and feeds the KPI Calculation Service API with this time series and the desired time period.
Any questions left?
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under the MindSphere Development License Agreement.